As more winter weather rolls across the state, comfort food takes the center stage. Enjoy a sweet treat this weekend with this recipe for Peanut Butter Pie, courtesy of Missouri Wines and Erin Finn.
Peanut Butter Pie
1C peanut butter
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2C granulated sugar
1 tub (12 oz) Cool Whip or other whipped topping, thawed
1 prepared pie crust (chocolate or graham cracker works best)
2 tbsp Nutella spread, melted *optional*
1) If desired, Melt Nutella in microwave about 30 seconds until pourable.
2) Pour Nutella into pie shell and spread across the bottom of pie shell.
3) Refrigerate to set while preparing filling.
4) Beat together 1 cup peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium, until well combined.
5) Gently mix in whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.
6) Refrigerate until ready to serve.